August 29, 2017
Location: Raleigh, NC
Develop monomer-based chemical formulations and deposition processes for atmospheric plasma curing. The development will encompass improving existing chemistries for a variety of substrates as well as exploring chemistries for providing functionality to substrates.
- Design, execute, and analyze experiments.
Formulate monomer-based chemical blends.
Perform chemical process optimization in terms of functionality, processing speed, and cost.
Provide adequately documented feedback to hardware design team.
Work effectively and cross-functionally with internal hardware development, equipment partners, customer R&D, and customer manufacturing.
Prepare reports as necessary to document internal development work as well as customer applications work.
Minimal travel required.
- BS/MS in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry or related technical field.
- 5-10 year’s industry experience.
- Preferred industry and/or academic experience in: Formulating and analyzing (rheology, surface tension, etc.) monomer chemistries; Chemical application methods used for textiles/films/substrates/inkjet printing
- Must be a self-starter and hands-on contributor.
- Strong personnel skills. Must be able to develop good working relationships with external customers, various internal groups, and work as a team member.
Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Utilize effective troubleshooting and problem solving techniques as applied to both chemical processes and processing equipment.
Physical: Be able to work in close proximity to RF sources.
Special skills: Computer Literacy with skills in Design of Experiments software (i.e. JMP) Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.
Experience and expertise in Statistical Analysis including DOE and SPC.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including report writing and presentation skills a must.
Able to travel nationally and internationally.
Associate: Jean M. Nolan