January 03, 2018
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Company is a well-respected, premier supplier to semi manufacturers and OEMs. The General Manager, Product Company, with full ownership of P&L and the balance sheet, will continually improve profitability through ongoing efficiency improvement and product reduction programs. This position reports to VP Operations, Semi Division.
Scope of Job:
- The GM must be able to interact and influence at President level as well as with all other levels internally and externally in order to forge effective working relationship necessary to support the business growth.
- The GM will take full responsibility for bringing products to market on behalf of the Business Unit. This includes: Engineering, Procurement, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Distribution.
- Meeting customer needs in a cyclical business
- Creating and managing an agile organization
- Working in a Matrix organization with multiple senior level stakeholders
Estimated Product Company Organization:
- Organization is comprised of 80 direct engineering and manufacturing personnel and 57 indirect manufacturing and engineering personnel.
- Create and manage an innovative and reliable product portfolio that is in line with customer needs and Business Unit requirements and strategies.
- Manage a strong, flexible and reliable supply chain that supports company targets in terms of product quality, product availability, product cost and the use of working capital.
- Attract, develop and retain the best people.
Manage local issues, whilst interfacing effectively across a multi dimension matrix organization through:
- GM Product Company Peer Group; Business Unit Management Team; Local Country Management Team
- Business Division Functional Management
Reports Directly to VP Operations but strong interface with BU Head.
- BU Programme Manager (Engineering)
- Local Country Functional Heads
- Customer Centre GM
- Global Procurement Function
- Central Technical Team
- Service Group
- University degree in an engineering or relevant discipline or equivalent working experience.
- Operations, Planning and Supply Chain
- Manufacturing Systems
- Project Management
- NPI and Engineering
- Continuous Improvement/Lean Manufacturing
- P&L and Balance Sheet Management
Relevant Previous Experience:
- Proven track record in Operations Management, ideally in a machining/electronics/light assembly environment.
- Proven track record in Technical/Engineering Management with particular knowledge of (NPI) New Product Introduction and Project/Program Management of complex, multidimensional products.
- Excellent command of English
Associate: Myrna D. Parkin