October 17, 2017
Location: Malta, NY
Company is a leading innovator and a key provider of metrology solutions for advanced process control used in semiconductor manufacturing. Products are used inline for process control by leading chip foundries as well as original equipment manufacturers. Company’s technology serves critical sectors of patterning, thin film deposition, CMP and diffusion in leading logic and memory fabs worldwide.
The Materials Metrology Division makes equipment to measure materials properties like thickness and chemical composition using various characterization techniques for high volume chip manufacturing. Seeking an expert to help develop new metrology applications using X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (XPS) and X-ray fluorescence (XRF). X-ray products have been used extensively by our customers to develop and control 14nm, 10nm and 7nm logic, VNAND, DRAM etc. The job involves proliferation of XPS/XRF applications across our worldwide customer base to drive increased product adoption. This position reports to Applications Manager.
- Use knowledge and experience in Materials Science, Semiconductor Fabrication and metrology to develop new applications of XPS products.
- Gauge R&R testing to quantify system performance and dependencies using sound statistics.
- Perform strategic customer demos to show value of XPS/XRF solutions.
- Support field applications teams on critical evaluations with improved analysis.
- Prepare reports to assist in marketing solutions.
- Perform routine qualification of tools pre shipment and occasionally on customer site.
- Be able to travel 15-30% to support customer evals and post shipment qualifications.
- Teach and train customers on XPS/XRF products & applications.
- Experience in metrology engineering is required.
- Graduate degree in Materials Science or related engineering discipline is preferred.
- PhD with 3 years’ experience or Masters with 7 years’ experience is preferred.
- Key areas of expertise include metrology, semiconductor processing, modeling of spectral signatures to quantify material properties.
- Demonstrated skills in systematic problem solving and technical communication required.
Associate: Myrna D. Parkin