January 24, 2018
Location: Boise, Hillsboro or Bay Area
The Global Technical Manager is responsible for the technical and applications engagement with a key customer across the global manufacturing sites to drive product qualification, develop customer solutions and drive company to a Solutions and Value focused customer engagement. The role provides technical overview, coaching and direction for the regional applications teams in US, Japan, Singapore and Taiwan and defines the solution priorities. The Global Technical Manager is the technical link between global semiconductor manufacturing customer and global product and development teams and ensures alignment with both short-term and long-term planning and business goals.
Provide Technical Coordination & Management with global applications teams and partner with senior support function in the company organization to develop, implement and execute a technical engagement that addresses customer business objectives for global coordination and technical solutions.
Enhance Customer Experience for Global Account with growth of technical business relationships through global CIP programs, technical initiatives, application team training and customer technical engagement. Develop high levels of trust with understanding of customers’ technical decision making processes at both regional and global R&D levels. Drive technically led sales engagement effort and transform the account.
New Product & Scale Growth – Develop and deliver product qualification plans through the customer R&D stakeholders that leverages existing relationships with High Volume Manufacturing (HVM) sites through insight into future manufacturing applications, existing installation base and current manufacturing challenges. Collaborate with Key Account Managers, Global Management and Global/Local Service teams to achieve annual sales targets with technical team infrastructure that supports scaling manufacturing growth across the global HVMs.
- 4-year physical sciences degree minimum, preferably education/ experience in multiple science disciplines (physics, chemistry, mechanical engineering, thermodynamics, etc.).
- Previous management of geographically diffuse technical team supporting Tier1 end-user manufacturers in semiconductor industry; 10-15 years’ experience in semiconductor industry.
- History of successfully leading multi-functional teams.
- Ability to work collaboratively with customer teams, colleagues and executive staff to create results- driven environment.
- Ability to plan, manage and execute technical programs at both the strategic and operational levels – a sharp, rigorous thinker.
- Outstanding analytical and analysis skills with exceptional Excel & PowerPoint ability.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Superior organization skills.
- Exemplary communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Ability to quickly distil complex technical topics for executive level discussion and decision.
Associate: Myrna D. Parkin