November 08, 2018
Location: Greater Boston Area
Our client is seeking a senior technical leader to lead the scale-up its polymer film extrusion operations. The Processing Manager must have extensive management experience with polymer continuous roll manufacturing, including all aspects of equipment specification, production ramp-up experience, and quality control. This position, located in the Greater Boston area, reports to the VP of Operations and will work closely with a Polymer Development Team.
- B.S. or graduate degree in mechanical, materials science or manufacturing engineering.
- Extensive management experience and record of accomplishment with scaling film extrusion from lab through pilot and commercialization phases.
- Experience managing the installation and maintenance of manufacturing and testing equipment.
- Ability to grow and manage the organization as the business expands.
- Experience with 5S, Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma is a plus.
- Ability to communicate well to senior management and Board Members.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced, problem-solving environment with the special challenges of a start-up company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for leading the optimization and scaling of film extrusion operations. This will include interfacing with the operations team on schedules, production capacities, and quality systems to meet the key objectives of various stakeholders including the internal battery R&D team and external customers/partners.
- Transferring film manufacturing technology from lab-scale to pilot-line or full manufacturing lines.
- Development of procedures and methods for satisfying shipments to customers.
- Reporting on progress of manufacturing operations in terms of productivity, yield, and quality, as well as the development of corrective action plans to meet aggressive world class manufacturing and quality objectives.
- Provide input to the Polymer Development team to impact the mechanical properties of the polymer to support high volume, high quality roll-to-roll manufacturing.
- Develop quality checkpoints and implement world-class process monitoring, tracking and reporting.
- Support companywide 5S initiatives and drive continuous improvement activities after initial commissioning of the roll-to-roll polymer manufacturing line.
Associate: Jean M. Nolan